A good option if you don't qualify for term life insurance.
The chances of you being involved in a fatal accident are 1 in 1,700 according to the National Safety Council. The lifetime odds of dying in an automobile accident are about 1 in 491, based on data from the Insurance Information Institute.
If you have life insurance, your policy will cover you if you die in an accident. But what if you can’t get a life insurance policy because of your medical history or current health? There are many conditions that may cause you to be declined for coverage. What then?
Accidental Death life insurance covers you in the case of death resulting from an accident.
And the great thing about it is you don’t have to qualify medically. There aren’t even any medical questions on the application. Take a look at these benefits:
- Coverage approved within 24 hours
- No medical questions to answer
- Coverage available from $50,000 - $250,000
- Eligible ages are 20 - 59
- Policy pays full benefits to age 70, then 50% to age 80
- You can pay monthly or annually, by credit card or electronic draft
Additional benefits vary by company, but may include the following:
- Auto Safety Benefit - Pays an additional sum if riding as a passenger in an automobile while properly restrained by a seatbelt.
- Travel Accident Benefit - Double the death benefit if traveling by public transit.
- Spouse & Dependent Children Benefit - Spouse and children, can be added to the policy.
- College Fund Benefit - Pays an additional benefit for each dependent child if you die in an accident.
Accidental Death insurance commonly excludes death by the following causes:
- Natural causes
- Military service
- Private Aviation
- Blood Alcohol