The National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) recently released data that shows consumers’ insurance complaints decreased in 2007. This is the fourth consecutive year insurance complaints have dropped.
The top five types of insurance complaints in 2007 were:
- Denial of Claims
- Unsatisfactory Settlements/Offers
- Premium/Rating Issues
The top five types of insurance receiving complaints in 2007 were:
- Accident & Health Insurance- 36 %
- Auto Insurance – 34%
- Homeowners Insurance – 13%
- Life Insurance & Annuities – 9%
- Commerical Insurance Products – 2%
A total of 222,814 insurance complaints were recorded in 2007, which represents a decrease of 3.6 percent from 2006.