UPDATED: Feb 25, 2020
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We partner with top insurance providers. This doesn't influence our content. Our opinions are our own.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about life insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything life insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by life insurance experts.
In honor of Earth Day 2010, we have a suggestion for you that will help save a little wear and tear on the Blue Planet. How about applying for term life insurance using a paperless application process complete with an electronic signature? If you are in need of coverage and feeling a little green, why not get started?
Here are some interesting facts about the third planet from the sun:
- Age: Approximately 3-5 billion years old
- Circumference: 24,901.5 miles
- Diameter: Almost 8,000 miles
- Weight: An estimated 6,585,600,000,000,000,000,000 tons
- Highest Point: Mt. Everest, 29,028 feet above sea level
- Lowest Point: The Dead Sea, 1,302 feet below sea level
- Composed of 70% water and 30% land
Did You Know?
- Plastics and aluminum take approximately 500 years to degrade.
- Cotton, paper, and organic materials take six months to degrade.