In-home medical exams are not as bad as some would have you believe. In fact, they can be fairly simple, quick and painless… Almost. The following tips will help you achieve paramed nirvana.
1. Fast for 8-12 hours before the exam. This will help ensure more accurate blood chemistry results.
2. Avoid exercise or excess activity before the exam. This will help keep your blood pressure and heart rate in a range that is typical for you.
3. Make sure you are well hydrated. This will also help with your blood pressure and heart rate. Plus, it makes for a better urine sample.
4. Avoid caffeine before the exam. A good reason to schedule in the evening!
5. Schedule during the least stressful time of your day. For some, it may be mornings and for others evenings. And for many, there may be no such thing!
6. Schedule the exam for later in the week. Studies show Wednesday through Saturday tend to be the most stress-free days of the week. Mondays, well …
7. Avoid alcohol for 24 hours before the exam. Alcohol tends to disrupt blood results also.
8. Take all of your medications as normal and provide a list to the examiner. Make sure the examiner writes them all down, including the dosages.
9. Reschedule the exam if you are sick. Your body will be out of whack. It’s better to wait.
10. Review the paperwork completely. Accidents can happen. Don’t let them happen on your paramed exam. Review all measurements, answers and other information before signing.
That’s it. Ten simple tips to help you cruise through your paramed exam and on your way to a lower term life insurance premium!