Principal National Life Insurance Company 
The Principal National Life Insurance Company was founded in 1879. The company has a high rating from multiple agencies. Principal National Life Insurance Company is based in Des Moines, Iowa. A variety of affordable Principal National Life Insurance plans are available. Read our Principal National Life Insurance Company review to learn more.
Ready to compare quick life insurance quotes?
Your life insurance quotes are always free.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Sep 16, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right life insurance coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident life insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We partner with top life insurance providers. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about life insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything life insurance-related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by life insurance experts.
Advisors and clients turn to us for the right solutions and support to reach their financial goals. But that’s not why we’re here. What we do is help people create the kinds of lives they dream about, empowered by financial security and stability.
We were founded in 1879 as an insurance company. Today, we’re a member of the FORTUNE 500® and a global investment management leader.
- We were ranked #3 for best overall service to micro plans; value added advisor services and plan participant support.
- We’ve received the Adviser’s Choice Award for advisor support, post-sale.
- We’ve received over 90 Best in Class designations over the past 10 years from PLANSPONSOR magazine’s Defined Contribution Services Survey.
- We’ve been named one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies and one of America’s Best Employers.
The headquarters for Principal National Life Insurance Company is in Des Moines, IA.
Principal Life Insurance Company Phone Number
Principal Life Website
One Sammons Plaza
Sioux Falls, SD 57193
North American Website
Principal Life Insurance Company Rating
Year Founded: 1879
AM Best Rating: A+ (as of 2016)
S&P Rating: A+ (as of 2016)
Principal National Life Insurance Company Policies
Included Term Life Features
- Accelerated Benefit: Included at no extra cost. Allows the Primary Insured to obtain up to 75% of their death benefit (up to $1,000,000) prior to death when diagnosed with a terminal illness.
- Conversion Option: Included at no extra cost. The policy is convertible to an approved permanent policy for the earlier of the level premium period or age 70. Conversion to guaranteed UL products is only available after the second policy anniversary.
Optional Term Life Features
- Children Term Rider: Available with extra premium. Allows eligible children to be added to a policy at issue with coverage available between $5,000 and $25,000.
- Waiver of Premium Rider: Available with extra premium.waives the premium as long as the insured is totally disabled, subject to rider limitations.
A two-year contestable and suicide provision applies.
Principal, Principal and symbol design and Principal Financial Group are trademarks and service marks of Principal Financial Services, Inc, a member of the Principal Financial Group.
Principal National Life Insurance Company Policy Form: ICC13 SN 89/SN 89, Rider Forms: SN 2, SN 3, SN 4, SN 5, and SN 42.
Term policies from Principal® offer low rates, lots of flexibility, and tax-free death benefits for your beneficiary, in 10-, 15-, 20- and 30-year term lengths. Principal Accelerated Underwriting provides up to $1 million of coverage without the need for labs or exams.
Term 10: Term life insurance with level premiums during the initial 10-year period. Premiums increase annually in years 11 and later.
Term 15: Term life insurance with level premiums during the initial 15-year period. Premiums increase annually in years 16 and later.
Term 20: Term life insurance with level premiums during the initial 20-year period. Premiums increase annually in years 21 and later.
Term 30: Term life insurance with level premiums during the initial 30-year period. Premiums increase annually in years 31 and later.