UPDATED: Feb 25, 2020
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We partner with top insurance providers. This doesn't influence our content. Our opinions are our own.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about life insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything life insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by life insurance experts.
A.M. Best Company has been issuing financial strength ratings on life insurance companies since 1906. Consumers have relied on these ratings for the past century as a tool for selecting a life insurance company to purchase a policy from. A.M. Best recently recognized the following insurance companies for maintaining an A.M. Best Financial Strength Rating of ‘A’ or better since 1907.
- Federal Insurance Company
- The Life Insurance Company of Virginia (Genworth Life and Annuity Insurance Company)
- Great American Insurance Company
- Hartford Fire Insurance Company
- John Hancock Life Insurance Company
- National Fire Insurance Company of Hartford
- New York Life Insurance Company
- Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance Company
- Penn Mutual Life Insurance Company
- Providence Mutual Fire Insurance Company
- Prudential Insurance Company of America
- Standard Insurance Company
- Western & Southern Life Insurance Company